Students at Mt. St. Mary Academy experience the traditions and practices of our Catholic faith every day. Through daily prayer, weekly Mass attendance, and structured religious instruction, students learn to live their faith. Students serve the parish and school community as servers, greeters and lectors. Parents/guardians are invited and encouraged to celebrate the liturgy with the students every Friday.
While a student’s sacramental preparation is the responsibility of parents, Mt. St. Mary’s supports parents and children in the following ways:
- Participates in an integrated parish, school, and home program for the child’s initiation into and preparation for Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Requires parent attendance at parent sessions for each sacrament and follow-up of lessons at home with child, as well as be faithful, practicing, Catholics who support their parish.
- Practices the Sacrament.
- Practicing the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent and Advent
- Participating in Faith Families throughout the year
- Lenten Service Projects
- Observe traditions such as Blessing of the Animals, Stations of the Cross, Washing of the Feet, Blessing of the Animals, Living Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet
If you have questions regarding Sacraments for your child or any member of your family please refer to the following contacts:
Baptism: Trisha Ridens: 530-415-9899 or firstname.lastname@example.org
First Communion: Carol Keane-Stein: email@example.com
Confirmation: Tiffany Neuman: firstname.lastname@example.org
RCIA: Cindy Stiso 530-273-2336 x205 or email@example.com